Tempranillo, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
150cl * 14.5% ABV * Ribera del Duero, Spain
The Arzuaga Crianza is the flagship of Bodegas Arzuaga Navarro. The Tempranillo, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot varieties with which this wine is made belong to the oldest part of the estate, La Planta. The Tempranillo variety, specifically, belongs 80% to the La Maquinilla vineyard, the oldest in the entire estate, located at 911 meters above sea level. The remaining 20% comes from centennial vineyards of boulders and sandy soils, in the area of the province of Burgos. Grapes are hand-harvesting and table sorted in the winery before a slow, temperature-controlled fermentation. Arzuaga Crianza is then aged for 16 months in French and American oak barrels.
Powerful on the nose there are diverse aromas of coconut, raisins, caramel, cinnamon and vanilla. A dominance of ripe red and black fruits with spicy touches and balsamic notes is followed by a toasty finish. Full-bodied, aromatic but elegant and complex too - it'll sing on the table next to a leg of lamb or shanks cooked in a rich sauce.
Serve at 16.0°C. We recommend decanting.