Tscharke Shiraz Shiraz Shiraz 2019

Tscharke Shiraz Shiraz Shiraz 2019

Country
Australia
Regular price
£19.99
Sale price
£19.99
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 
VAT included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

In stock: 31

Shiraz

75cl * 15% ABV * Barossa Valley, Australia

The ultimate Barossa Valley blend - three vineyards owned by three generations of the same family in one wine - hence Shiraz Shiraz Shiraz....!

Previously the fruit from these family vineyards was sold to Penfolds for its top blends. The three vineyards are located on the Western Ridge of the Barossa Valley in the sub-regions of Marananga and Seppeltsfield. The fruit is picked at night, then 95% of it is destemmed into concrete and open-topped fermenters. The remaining 5% is whole bunch fermented for added complexity and texture. After fermentation the wine is matured in French oak barrels for 12-15 months (15% new wood) before bottling.

This all gives rise to a deliciously red inky, dense colour with a nose of crushed blueberries dusted with black pepper. On the palate there's more blue fruit, with added minerality and damson, too. The ABV is a hefty 15%, but it has such good weight of fruit you just can’t tell. Lovely finish.