Chardonnay/Parellada/Xarello/Macabeo * 75cl * 11.5% ABV * Cava, Spain
'Anna' is the top selling Cava brand within Spain. Codorníu is one of the world’s oldest wineries dating back to 1551 and it produced the first sparkling Cavas (or Champana as it was called then) in 1872, the name Anna being a tribute to one of the earliest heiresses of the estate. The fizz benefits from being made up of 70% Chardonnay (like many Champagnes) with the remaining 30% coming from traditional Cava grapes. This results in a light, fruity Champagne-like style wine with some toasty complexity and good length. Ideal as an aperitif, but also a good match to artichokes and asparagus or creamy sauces.